Thursday, October 17, 2013

Reading Reasponse

        My main idea in this article that I want you know is that parents and people these days are being stupid when it comes to the kind of books their child is reading. Reason why I say "stupid when it comes to the kind of books their child is reading" is because I read these articles about book banning in my school of Middle School 51 William Alexander by favorite ELA teacher Mrs. Warren gave us some passages to read about banned books and I read one about captain underpants and I just wanted to explode, yes explode with rage and I just felt angry when I read it because in my head I was like why would they ban the most juvenile book in the world.
       While I was reading there were some craft moves in the article that I have read named glen Ellyn D14 "perks of being a wallflower" from school shelves created in may 13, 2013, the author was Quan Troug, Chicago tribune reporter the quote then states other passage  "they're young adult and we can't keep in a bubble. If they want to keep their kids in a bubble that that's fine, but they shouldn't be telling me what to do" said a parent named Ann Blyth. My response to this is that she is right I think that 11 and up should be able to read books that are appropriate for them. The craft move that was in this article was that the first page had a lot of paragraph and facts why it was banned but then when to the second page there was hardly any facts short paragraphs hardly any quotes that I can use in this summary.
         I agree with the article Glen Ellyn D14 "perks of being a wallflower"  from school shelves the person who I agree with is Ann Blyth because it is not her choice to tell the kids what books to read and what books not to read because it is their choice for what books is age appropriate for them. so in conclusion I think that the parents of these kids are over reacting and being too overprotecting to their children because they are force feeding them by saying you can't read this book because they use a curse word like fuck and other words. You just read a summary of articles that I have read and I hope I get a 90 or above.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you! I do think parents are over reacting when they ban books. I liked the quote that you had in the second paragraph. It makes a really good piece of evidence if you're going to include it in your argument essay when talking about other people's opinions on book banning.

    ReplyDelete